Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is there a law on getting your paycheck on time? Mine is always late?

I get my check 2 to 3 days late each pay period. My husband and I work together, he gets paid once a month and his check is usually 2 to 3 days late. Is there a law against this? Or is there nothing we can do anout it?



Is there a law on getting your paycheck on time? Mine is always late?mr messed up



There should be. I know that in WA state they have to have your check to you by 5pm on payday. If your payday happens to land on a Saturday or Sunday, they have to have your check to you by 5pm the Friday before. Perfect example, at my work we get paid on the 7th and 22nd of each month. The 7th lands on a Sunday this month, so I will have my check on Friday.



Is there a law on getting your paycheck on time? Mine is always late?getting late opera theater



IDK but you can call the labor board and find out!
I have thought about this also. From what I understand is they can only wait to 14 day after that pay period. otherwise theey get in alot of trouble.
Laws are relaxed on this. Employers generally have a choice of when they can pay and how often.
My company offers direct deposit. I worked for a guy once who would pay us at the last minute just because he wanted to. One Saturday when I was depositing my check at the ATM in the rain I decided right then and there I would not work for anyone again unless they offered direct deposit. You put in your work you shouldn't have to wait for your check.
check with the BBB to see if there is a law on this,and you might want to look in to finding another job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
spyware removal