Thursday, December 10, 2009

Any way to get around a late fee for not getting a new title right away?

I'm in Missouri...



I bought a motorcycle back in January to rebuild as a project. I didn't know I had to have the vin number verified as its a out of state title and since I didn't have a truck I couldn't transport it to get it verified.



Soo... the bike sat in my carport till I had a chance to tear it down to the frame, put the frame in my trunk, and then get it verified many months later.



So I go to get a new title and apparently there is a $25 fee for every month that its late... and I've hit the maximum of $200. Normal fees are only $18.



I really don't want to pay a $200 late fee on a bike that I only paid $100 for. But I don't want to part it out as I've got lots of good parts that I want to built a running bike.



What can I do? Try to find a new frame for less? Or is there any way to appeal a late fee? Would it be easier to just get a new title outright for the frame?



Any way to get around a late fee for not getting a new title right away?globe theater



Probably not. I know that here in Kansas, the office that verifies the VIN's has a number where, if you call them, they will send an officer to your house to verify the VIN. Unfortunately, everything is based on when you bought the vehicle, so you are probably stuck.



Any way to get around a late fee for not getting a new title right away?oper opera theater



NOPE BECAUSE YOU ARE DEALING WITH THE ALL MIGHTY AND POWERFUL DMV OFFICE.



GOOD LUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
spyware removal