Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is it normal for my period to be late after getting off of birth control after 2.5 years?

I've been on the pill for 2.5 years and just got off of it last month because i was gaining too much weight. Now my period is 4 days late and I am worried. We only had sex a couple of times and always used other forms of protection. Should i be worried now or is this normal?



Is it normal for my period to be late after getting off of birth control after 2.5 years?movie theater



I just asked this question! It's very normal for your period to be irregular for some time after stopping the pill. (I'm on my 3rd month after stopping, had 2 regular periods, and now I've started to bleed again mid-cycle. What a drag!) Some women don't even get a period for months after stopping. I would say don't be worried, but take a test in a week or so just to be sure you're not pregnant.



Is it normal for my period to be late after getting off of birth control after 2.5 years?tickets opera theater



yes it will take up to four months for the cycle to return to normal
Yes it is normal but why don't you use a search engine to find the answers to this question. Put in Side effects of..whatever you were on plus also put in stopping ....medication
It is quite normal for your cycle to be irregular after stopping birth control. Your body has to get used to producing the hormones on its own instead of relying on the pills to do it for you. Also, weight gain can cause irregularity as well. I recently have gained weight from the pills, and had been off of them for 7 months before I had my next period. Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point. If you go for 6 months and still haven't had one, make an appointment with your Gyno as soon as possible. In the meantime, take an PG test and just wait! Good luck.
it was never like when you are on the pill. it would take you few months to have your period again, some it would take them weeks before they start ovulating again. but it's more likely about 2 months. and again, every woman is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
spyware removal