Thursday, December 10, 2009

I am thinking of getting a yorkshire terrier again. is it too late now?

i used to have a pet dog very very long time back during the 1960's, but unfortunately the dog got run over by a car and died. The car driver never stopped and continued going. After that i was so much full of grief that i never again bought another pet dog. It was a cute yorkshire terrier that got run over by car. I still have his very old black and white picture.



Now almost 4 decades, i feel like getting a yorkshire terrier again. is it too late now and i should forget it?



i'm not able to decide because i feel that if i get a new yorkie it would not be fair to the one that got run over by car 40 years back and that his soul may not forgive me. I don't know why i feel that way.



I am thinking of getting a yorkshire terrier again. is it too late now?comedy show



Fill YOUR VOID, and get a little Yorky,.. in memory of your past dog,.. it would be an honour to him.



I am thinking of getting a yorkshire terrier again. is it too late now?greek theater opera theater



i think he would want u to move on and be happy if he was a true dogs best friend. he wouldnt want u to grieve. move on and get another dog. not to replace him but to fill a void n ur life for the want and need of a dog. but alway remember that special place n ur heart for ur late yorkie.
its not too late. your other dog wouldnt be mad at you it would be happy because you would have a companion that was making you happy the way he used to
I think that this is completely up to you, but I'm sure that your former companion would not begrudge you the comfort of having another buddy. It's never too late to have a best friend, just make sure that you make plans for if you're not around to care for the dog at some point.
Get the new dog! When I had to put my beloved dog down 7 years ago, I swore I would never get another dog. I missed her so much and I didn't want to be disloyal. But a friend gave me a puppy who turned out to be the best therapy ever for my grief.



That puppy became my best friend and remained so until she died of an inoperable brain tumor last March. Again I SWORE I would never get another dog. But I so missed my best friend and after talking to my vet, I was convinced that getting a new dog would actually be honoring my sweet girl's memory. What a compliment to her that I loved her so much and thought she was so wonderful that she made me want another dog to love. Now I have a 9 month old boxer puppy who I love desperately. I will NEVER forget my other dogs. I loved them each with my whole heart. But how great it is to have my new companion!



Please allow yourself to feel the love for another dog. It is the best thing in the world.
Its not to late, its never to late =).
After all this time, you should be able to share youself again with another friend. But at your age, make sure that you make arrangements for your friend should you get seriously ill , or God forbid, pass away.
its not like that if your dog loved you wouldnt it want you to be happy? let me tell you it is a great idea to get another yorkie me personaly i am a dog person and in my life i have had 4 labs and i cant really live without a dog and labs are my fav breed so why rob myself of joy by not having a dog? i dont see much sence in that... and btw yorkies... my 2nd fav breed! love em!! wonderful dogs get one =D
If you feel ready for another pet, its not too late. Each person has to grieve a loss in their own way. You were not ready to accept another Yorkie then.. but if you are now, go for it!



I think that your previous Yorkie would like to see you happy. He knows you are a good owner and will give the new one lots of love. What happened to him was an accident, it was not your fault.



Try adoption www.petfinder.com .. when you adopt, you save a life!
ABC you trippin... you better get another dog and put the same love for your old dog, into your new one. Just this time, dont let it out the house without the leash...glad i could help!
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...



I hope that linked worked- you can see it's a question that I asked and the responses that I received. My heart goes out to you and damn the bastard that caused you such grief who was a coward and did not have the courage to apologise to you.



You clearly loved your dog- don't grief but feel lucky that you were able to spend time with him, even if it was for a short while, be thankful and be glad that you know you have given him a good life and that God took him away from you because he needed a beautiful dog angel to show those poor abandoned, mistreated and tortured animals what love is.



I strongly believe that your dog is up there looking at you and grieves when you grieve, he wished that he could change things as he never wants to see you be upset. He wants to love you and he can at an emotional level but as much as he wishes, he can't be by your side licking your hand just to show how much he loves you.



He is sorry that he had to leave and he is trying to tell you that he wants you to feel the love that he wanted to continue to give you.



I am sure he wants you to get another dog, ideally even adopt one rather than buying one (you know that mills dogs suffer terribly- so please don't support that and adopt a dog instead of buying a pup -the mill dogs there suffer and suffer ). I don;t know how old you are but there is nothing worst in the world than a dog being all alone because their owners are too ill to look after them- so if appropriate, make alternative arrangements just in case. I mean hey I am only 25 but touch wood, who knows what will happen tomorrow so I have made it clear to my boyfriend that I want him and my family to look after my dogs should something happen (touch wood)!



Love does not end because you are no longer physically connected, rather that love can continue to grow in your heart. You dog doesn't want to see you upset and he knows that you are capable of great love and wants you to love and care for another dog just as you did with him. Dogs are not jealous nor selfish, he wants another dog to live a good life- of course not too take his place but to be there to comfort you.



Who knows- depending on what religion you are, maybe your dog has reincarnated to be the new dog that you are thinking of getting- regardless my point is- your dog would not think this way- dogs are the most generous creatures on earth. So get another dog provided you can love and care for him/her like you had with your other dog.



To 2wesite- that is a terrible thing, what pain and suffering and panic the dog must have gone through while it was dying, as she frantically tried to get the bag off- I think that you should have been more careful to make sure nothing is left on the ground and to teach your children, I mean after all who throws empty bags on the floor anyway? I don't pity you, you are the author of your own misfortunes, I feel very sorry for your dog.
No one can judge how you're feeling inside. Many, many years ago my stepdaughter left an empty potato chip bag on the floor and we came home to a dead dog. She had gotten her head into the bag to get the crumbs and suffocated - our family was heartbroken. This was an entirely preventable accident, I still think about it. We've had other dogs since, still have two and for us us it wasn't an option to live without our dogs, they are so much a part of our lives. Everyone grieves differently when they lose a pet and the fact that you are now thinking about another probably means you are ready. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
spyware removal